Divorce can be an all-consuming process for the couple going through it, let alone meeting the very important needs of their children. Oftentimes, the initial reaction is one of shock, sadness, frustration, anger or worry. If children are involved, they can also come out of it better able to cope with stress, and many become more flexible, tolerant adults. Most couples going through divorce need support.
In therapy, individuals can learn:
- How to get through the range of emotions both parents and children experience during divorce
- Mourn the loss of the relationship
- Redefine the self and navigating the future independent of your significant other
- Learn to communicate effectively with your ex-spouse
- How to stay involved in the kids' lives
- Help children adjust to a new living situation
Please complete the form below to the best of your ability and comfort level and I will get back to you at my earliest ability. Please also feel free to pick up the phone and give me a call at 203-268-4943 to discuss your particular situation. I look forward to connecting with you.