Being a parent is both a joy and a privilege, but it can also be a very difficult undertaking. There is no manual or set of instructions when parenting children. Parenting is a complex activity that brings with itmany behaviors and choices. Every child is different and what may work for one may not work for another.
Therapy can help you:
- Learn more effective parenting skills.
- Learn how to read signs and signals better.
- Using positive reinforcement when disciplining.
- Create more family openness and trust.
- Become a better listener.
- Criticize the behavior and not the child.
- Be consistent.
- Stay connected with teachers and schools.
Please complete the form below to the best of your ability and comfort level and I will get back to you at my earliest ability. Please also feel free to pick up the phone and give me a call at 203-268-4943 to discuss your particular situation. I look forward to connecting with you.